Bookkeeper/Office Manager - FILLED, Cobourg
|Category||Admin - Clerical|
|Salary||17.00 - 20.00|
IS2 Cobourg is proud to be working with a local company assisting them in the search of a Part-Time (20-24 hours per week) Bookkeeper/Office Manager. If you feel you have the skills required apply today to be contacted.
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager:
• Holds the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the finance department.
• Provides both financial and clerical support to the Executive Director and abides by policies and procedures.
• Diploma or degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
• Original copy of a clear background check, including vulnerable sector search, with Police Services and Children's Aid Society prior to commencement of duties and every 5 years thereafter.
• Proof of up-to-date immunization as per the Health Department schedule, including TB test.
• Possess current certification in:
• Standard First Aid, including Infant & Child CPR.
• WHMIS 2015 (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System.
• Basic Health & Safety Awareness.
• Integrated Accessibility Standards.
• Experience with Simply Accounting, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Working knowledge of:
• Payroll preparation, federal source deductions, HST, EHT, WSIB, T4 and T4A.
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Monthly bank reconciliations, income statements, balance sheet preparations.
• Cash flow monitoring and reporting.
• Budget tracking.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in working in an office environment.
• Ability to work independently and use initiative daily.
Duties & Responsibilities
Included but not limited to all listed below and must be fulfilled according to:
• Support the management team with budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting activities.
• Maintain financial systems ensuring the department is organized.
• Maintain the Chart of Accounts.
• Administrate employee benefit package.
• Prepare employee payroll.
• Oversee the preparation of government remittances in a timely manner including employee tax deductions.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for review by the Board of Directors.
• Prepare budgets, mid-year and year-end reports for Country of Northumberland.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
No keywords were found.